Prerequisites for classification: University degree
- A University is an officially recognised or state-accredited institution of tertiary education which is entitled to award nationally recognised degrees.
- Institutions of tertiary education shall be deemed to be universities when they are entitled to award doctor’s degrees and primarily conduct basic research.
- A comparable study programme is offered by a Swiss University.
- In countries whose education system does not recognise the institutional distinction between the types of higher education institutions existing in Switzerland (university, university of applied sciences, university of teacher education), a degree is assigned to a type of higher education institution according to the comparable course of study in the Swiss education system.
- At least 80% of the course work has been taken at a university type institution (not university of applied sciences, not university of teacher education).
Additional requirements for the recognition of a university of applied sciences Bachelor`s degree for admission to the Master's degree programmes (MBI, MIMM, MGM, MACFin, SIM, MBF)
- Internship credits must not exceed the workload of 20 ECTS credits
- The minimum grade average of 5.00 (not rounded) Swiss grading system (German/Austria 2.00, Netherlands 7.5) in the degree certificate is fulfilled.
- Degrees with a dual character (cooperative state universities «Duale Hochschule», universities of applied sciences) that meet above requirements can only be admitted to non-specialised Master's programmes in business administration and only via the Master's preparatory courses.